- Add opponent to friends list
- Start SFV
- Open a custom match
- Invite your opponent
- Start the match
- At the end of the match, take a screenshot of the in-game result and upload it when submitting the final match result at the "Report Result" option in the Event Match page.
- Random player seeding
- Tournament system: Swiss*
- Number of rounds: 4+
- No elimination until round 4, after that there will be elimination after 1 loss
- Round 5th will start only for players that went 4:0 score, If there’s less than 16 players with a 4:0 score additional players will be added according to the ranking
- Round 6th will start only for players that went 5:0 score
- In case of a tie with the Buchholz system, an additional 7th round will be played with the tied players
- Time: 99 seconds
- Victory Settings: First to 2
- Character Select: On
- Hardware configuration: No preference
- Private Slots: On
- Password: Custom
- Map: Random
*Swiss is a cup system where you won't get kicked out of a Swiss cup after your first loss, you will stay in the Swiss cup until a certain loss-threshold has been reached or the cup has finished. Every Swiss cup has a fixed amount of rounds. In every round you will be matched against opponents of your skill group, based on the current player score (for example, players who have a 1-1 score face others with the same score). A ranking will be shown at the end of the cup based on the points of every contestant's performance.
** Buchholz is a method to break the tie-score, by giving each player a raw score of one point for each win. The sum of the raw scores of the opponents played is used to break ties.