Joining your game lobby
- Add your opponent as a friend
- Start Street Fighter V: Champion Edition
- Open a custom game
- Invite your opponent
- Remember the "Game Details" below
- Start the fight
Tournament Format Details
- Mode: 1on1
- Random player seeding
- Tournament system: Double Elimination (if there is no more than 256 participants) or Swiss* (if there is more than 256 participants)
If the Swiss system is used the settings are as follows:
- Number of rounds: 8
- Elimination after 2 losses
- Game mode: Battle Lounge
- Rounds: 3 (for Open Qualifiers), 5 (for Regional Finals)
- Timer: 99 seconds
- Victory setting: First to 2 (for the qualifiers), First to 3 (for the finals)
- Number of players: 2
- Character select: ON
- Winner must keep character, V-Skill and V-Trigger
- Loser may switch character, V-Skill and V-Trigger
- Stage: Random (players may agree to a stage other than The Grid)
- All characters (including DLC) are allowed.
- The following costumes are banned: Balrog - Gutsman, Blanka - Story, Ed - Nero, Gill - Pyron, M.Bison - Astarot, Rashid - Airman, Rashid - Viewtiful Joe, R. Mika - Professional, Ryu - Mega Man, Urien - Halloween, Urien - Wesker, Blanka - Nergigante, Necalli - Halloween, Dan - Story.
- The following costume colors are banned: Abigail - Halloween color 2, Gill - Battle color 11, Gill - Battle color 15, Urien - Story color 6, Urien - Battle color 7, Zangief - Mech color 2, All Characters: Default Costume (Color EX9), Default Costume (Color EX10)
- The Kanzuki Beach, Flamenco Tavern, Skies of Honor, Field of Fate and Mysterious Cove stages are banned from Tournament play.
- The Grid is banned from the Regional Finals (can be used in Open Qualifiers)
- Any Player currently banned from Capcom Pro Tour is also prohibited from participating in Street Fighter V: Champion Edition, EVO 2021 Online Warm Up Rounds..
- Control Setting: any controller function such as rapid pressing (turbo) or hardware-based macros are not allowed during the Tournament.
Each player has 10 minutes to show up to a match. (scheduled match start time +10 minutes). Not showing up within 10 minutes results in a default loss. The player that is waiting must create a Support Ticket (which is available in the match event page).
*Swiss is a cup system where you won't get kicked out of a Swiss cup after your first loss, you will stay in the Swiss cup until a certain loss-threshold has been reached or the cup has finished. Every Swiss cup has a fixed amount of rounds. In every round you will be matched against opponents of your skill group, based on the current player score (for example, players who have a 1-1 score face others with the same score). A ranking will be shown at the end of the cup based on the points of every contestant's performance.