All players from the mentioned regions are eligible to participate in Open Qualifiers tournaments.
Joining your game lobby
- Access the match event page (you will be able to see it in the “My Events” tab)
- Click "Join Now" option
- The result will be automatically submitted at the end of the match
Tournament Format Details
- Mode: 1on1
- Random player seeding
- Tournament system: Double Elimination (if there is no more than 256 participants) or Swiss* (if there is more than 256 participants)
If the Swiss system is used the settings are as follows:
- Number of rounds: 8
- Elimination after 2 losses
- Best of 3 games (for Open Qualifiers), Best of 5 games (for Regional Finals)
- Round count: 3
- Battle timer: 60 seconds
- Stage select: Random
- The following characters are banned: Inferno, all Create-A-Soul (custom) creations
- Winner must keep character
- Loser may switch character
- Control Setting: any controller function such as rapid pressing (turbo) or hardware-based macros are not allowed during the Tournament.
*Swiss is a cup system where you won't get kicked out of a Swiss cup after your first loss, you will stay in the Swiss cup until a certain loss-threshold has been reached or the cup has finished. Every Swiss cup has a fixed amount of rounds. In every round you will be matched against opponents of your skill group, based on the current player score (for example, players who have a 1-1 score face others with the same score). A ranking will be shown at the end of the cup based on the points of every contestant's performance.