All players from the mentioned regions are eligible to participate in Open Qualifiers tournaments.
Match start time
All matches are played on the scheduled match time. To see the match schedule, access the match event page in your PS4 by going to My Events.
Joining your game lobby
- Access the match event page (you will be able to see it in the “My Events” tab)
- Click "Join Now" option
- The result will be automatically submitted at the end of the match
Tournament Format Details
- Mode: Player Match
- Player seeding: random
- Tournament system: Double Elimination (if there is no more than 256 participants) or Swiss* (if there is more than 256 participants)
If the Swiss system is used the settings are as follows:
- Number of rounds: 8
- Elimination after 2 losses
- Tournament Mode Default Options
- Best of 3 games (for Open Qualifiers)
- Time Limit: 60 seconds
- Stage Select: Random
- Character Customizations: Off
- All characters are allowed, including DLC characters
- Winner must keep character
- Loser may switch character
- Control Setting: any controller function such as rapid pressing (turbo) or hardware-based macros are not allowed during the Tournament.
Each player has 10 minutes to show up to a match. (scheduled match start time +10 minutes). Not showing up within 10 minutes results in a default loss. The player that is waiting must create a Support Ticket (which is available in the match event page).
*Swiss is a cup system where you won't get kicked out of a Swiss cup after your first loss, you will stay in the Swiss cup until a certain loss-threshold has been reached or the cup has finished. Every Swiss cup has a fixed amount of rounds. In every round you will be matched against opponents of your skill group, based on the current player score (for example, players who have a 1-1 score face others with the same score). A ranking will be shown at the end of the cup based on the points of every contestant's performance.