Joining your game lobby
- Add your opponent to your friends list
- Start Guilty Gear™ -Strive-
- Choose "Network" then go to "Player Match"
- Create your own room
- Remember the "Match Details" shown below
- Set room accessibility to "Specific"
- Share your Room ID with your opponent
- Challenge your opponent to a Battle and Start
Tournament Format Details
- Mode: Player Match
- Random player seeding
- Tournament system: Swiss*
- Number of rounds: 4+
- No elimination until round 4, after that there will be elimination after 1 loss
- The 5th Swiss round will start for only the players with a 4:0 score. If there’s less than 16 players with a 4:0 score additional players will be added according to the ranking
- Round 6th will start only for players that went 5:0 score
- In case of a tie with the Buchholz system, an additional 7th round will be played with the tied players
- Qualifiers: Single Best of 5 games
- Time Limit: 99 seconds
- Stage Select: Random
- DLC characters are banned until two weeks after release
- Control Setting: any controller function such as rapid pressing (turbo) or hardware-based macros are not allowed during the Tournament.
*Swiss is a cup system where you won't get kicked out of a Swiss cup after your first loss, you will stay in the Swiss cup until a certain loss-threshold has been reached or the cup has finished. Every Swiss cup has a fixed amount of rounds. In every round you will be matched against opponents of your skill group, based on the current player score (for example, players who have a 1-1 score face others with the same score). A ranking will be shown at the end of the cup based on the points of every contestant's performance.